Tuesday, February 17, 2015

8 months



     How could it be possible to love her more today than ever before? I am not sure, but I absolutely do!  As I spent time looking through her photo albums today, remembering, crying, and smiling, I could not help but give thanks. I give thanks for all the beautiful memories!  I give thanks for the time we shared together! I give thanks for her life! I give thanks for God's faithfulness! I give thanks for the love that I hold for her so deep in my heart! 
     Today I had moments of sadness, where I once again realized all that we have missed. Eight months of milestones, hugs, kisses, stories, snuggles, adventures, and baby blessings. Eight months since I have held my daughter, gazed at her face, and held her tiny hands. I miss her. I miss her more than I ever thought possible. The pain has not gotten any less, but now it often feels so normal, so right.  I know that I will always miss her, with every beat of my heart.
     Today I also had moments of joy! This morning in the midst of my tears, I was struck by the reality that today, and for the past eight months, Caroline has been surrounded by real, pure, true love. My precious girl has been made perfect and whole forever. She will only ever know the greatest love, warmth, and joy! For eight months she has been held in the arms of her Savior! 
   
      We love you Caroline Joy! You will forever be in our hearts. We miss you more with each passing day, yet we rejoice in the promise that we will one day hold you in our arms once again. Until we meet again sweet girl...




No comments:

Post a Comment