Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Light a Candle


On Sunday I sent out an invitation to join me in lighting a candle in honor of Caroline Joy. When I gave out that invitation I had no idea what to expect. The result was absolutely beyond my greatest expectations! That night I was filled with such sadness, knowing that it has been two months since we had to say goodbye to our sweet little girl. However, that sadness was quickly dissolved into joy, as I watched so many amazing people lighting candles in her honor. It touched my heart in a way that I will never be able to express in words. It truly was an amazing testimony to Caroline's life. Thank you from the very bottom of my heart to those who joined me in lighting a candle in her honor. It was an evening that I will never forget. I know that it brought me to tears at the beautiful outpouring of love. I have included just a few pictures of the many candles that were lit on the night of August 17th. There were just too many pictures to share, and many others told me by word of mouth. It was absolutely amazing! Thank you to all for helping me remember our precious miracle baby in such a special and beautiful way!
         

Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying, "I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life."
                                                                                                John 8:12



Light a Candle

Light a candle,
see it glow,
watch it dance,
when you feel low,
think of me,
think of light,
I'll always be here,
day or night,
a candle flickers,
out of sight,
but in your heart,
I still burn bright,
think not of sadness,
that I'm not near,
think of gladness,
and joyous cheer,
I have not left,
I am not gone,
I'm here to stay
I'm your little one,
so when you light a candle
and you see it glow
and you watch it dance
in your heart you'll know
that I would never leave you
even when you feel so blue
I'm sitting up here with the Lord
and now watching over you



















































No comments:

Post a Comment