Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Baby's Big Ultrasound


     On Monday morning we had our 20 week ultrasound for our little baby. We were filled with peace and eager anticipation! It was such a blessing to know we had so many people who were covering us in prayer. I cannot even begin to describe the peace that filled my heart yesterday. Inside my stomach was turning, and outside my hands were shaking. But my heart was so calm. I felt as though God was holding my hand, guiding me into that all too familiar ultrasound room.
     When we heard that strong heartbeat, I felt so overwhelmed. It meant our baby was alive! Throughout the next half hour, we were able to see each and every part of our little baby! Everything was perfect! Our baby is strong, heathy, and super active. Each time we saw another body part, in the correct place, our hearts were flooded with joy, pure joy! 

The profile of our sweet little baby!
5 perfect fingers!






Just look at that tiny little foot so perfectly formed!


     The baby had a strong heart rate of 154, and already weighs 12 oz. The morning was filled with such excitement and amazement as we watched our active little baby wiggle and kick and move all over. It is amazing at how perfectly formed the baby is at only 20 weeks! I just had to stop and marvel at our amazing God, who can so beautifully knit together such delicate details. It reminded me once again of how much He is in control. As much as I would love to take the credit for this little one's growth and development, the truth is that our mighty and powerful God is even now forming this little one in His image. It is such a humbling thought. Each tiny and precious detail, such as those five fingers, five toes, and all the bones that make up the hands and feet, are so intricately placed together. I just stand in awe of our Almighty God!
     We are praising God for such a wonderful morning, and the great blessing of knowing that our baby is still doing okay. We know that this is such a gift, and we will never be able to adequately express the joy and the gratitude that fills our hearts.  Each day we fall more and more in love with our little baby!                                           Praise the Lord! 


For those of you who can discern ultrasound pictures, you
should be able to see the wide open mouth, our baby was yawning! Must
be the busy morning tired out baby too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment