Saturday, April 26, 2014

Wonderful Adventure


     Last weekend we went on an adventure. We went to Chicago! It was a girls weekend away, and we had a fantastic time. I was able to go with my amazing mom, and my three beautiful sisters. It was so good to get away for a little while and just enjoy life. There has been so much on my mind and heart throughout the past months. It can start to really weigh a person down emotionally and physically. This weekend gave me an opportunity to breathe in the fresh air (or as much fresh air that can be found in Chicago) and just relax with my family. I believe that God wants us to take opportunities to clear our heads, and see things from a new perspective.



     God blessed us with a beautiful day on Saturday to walk around Chicago. And walking is what we did! Together we visited Millennium Park, and even got some fun pictures by The Bean. 


   




 Then we were able to walk by Lake Michigan and see it from a different side. This was the first time I was able to take baby to see Lake Michigan! Although we didn't really hear any waves, baby was for sure able to hear the seagulls. 


    
     There was even a sailboat training class going on for us to watch!



     As we continued our walk we reached Navy Pier. This brought back memories for me because Josh and I went to visit Navy Pier for the day back when we were still dating. It made me realize just how quickly life goes. That day he and I spent there together did not seem very long ago. But in reality it was over 5 years ago! It is amazing to see where God has brought us since then. But I never would have dreamed it back then.

     We had a very crazy cab ride that took us to the zoo. I love going to the zoo, and I was excited to be able to baby there for the first time. I am sure that between all the chatting going on with us girls the baby was able to get the full zoo experience!!!




     As we started our walk back that evening I thanked God for a wonderful day away from what has become my new normal. I have prayed for the strength to remain positive and strong throughout the past months. God has answered by giving me his abounding love, peace, and strength. No matter what he has supplied my needs each day. But sometimes it just gets hard. Some days I just do not want to do anything but cry. Some days it takes every ounce of my strength just to get out of bed. But as time marches on I realize that life is such a gift. This past weekend was such a blessing to me and to baby. We were able to just be normal! Nobody around us knew our situation. We could just enjoy the beautiful day, the wonderful company, and the new sights and sounds around us. I realized that it was really nice for life to be normal for the day. 
            Thank you to my mom and my sisters for taking me and                            baby on a wonderful adventure!


No comments:

Post a Comment