Thursday, June 12, 2014

Strength

     Some days a song just speaks straight to the heart. I truly believe that God knows exactly what you need to hear at the perfect moment. I have found that so often, when I am at my weakest, God is able to speak right to me through the words of a song.  
     This afternoon a song started playing on the radio, and of course I turned it up to sing along. I am sure many of you have heard this song already. It has gotten me through some very difficult times already, by lifting my spirits, and reminding me of the sovereignty of God. 

Cornerstone by Hillsong

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus blood and righteousness
I dare not trust the sweetest frame
But wholly trust in Jesus name

Christ alone; cornerstone
Weak made strong; in the Savior's love
Through the storm, He is Lord,
Lord of all

When Darkness seems to hide His face
I rest on His unchanging grace
In every high and stormy gale
My anchor holds within the veil
My anchor holds within the veil

Christ alone; cornerstone
Weak made strong; in the Savior's love
Through the storm, He is Lord
Lord of all
He is Lord
Lord of all

Christ alone
Christ alone; cornerstone
Weak made strong; in the Savior's love
Through the storm, He is Lord
Lord of all

Christ alone; cornerstone
Weak made strong; in the Savior's love
Through the storm, He is Lord
Lord of all

When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh, may I then in Him be found;
Dressed in His righteousness alone,

Faultless stand before the throne.

     These words remind me that my hope is built on nothing less, than Jesus' s blood and righteousness.  There is no way that I would be able to walk through life without having a hope that is built upon the sacrifice of our Lord. He gave His life for me. He gave His life for you. God loves us so much that He was willing to allow His only Son to suffer and then die on a cross, in order to give us the hope of eternal life in heaven with Him. God loves us just that much, and so much more! That hope can fill us with the greatest peace, joy, and comfort. If we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior, we can be assured that we will live forever with Him. 
     In the midst of a world that is filled with chaos, darkness,  and sin, we can be assured of the hope we have in Christ. One day our pain and suffering will go away. One day God will wipe every tear from our eyes. One day we will be reunited with our loved ones who have gone ahead of us. There will be no more sadness. There will be no more crying. There will be no more darkness and sorrow. We will be basking in the glory of God, and praising Him forever! It is such a beautiful hope that we have to look forward to. It is such a beautiful promise. It is such a beautiful reason to keep pressing on in this life. 
     We have no guarantees that we will always be strong. In fact, I have learned now more than ever that it is okay to be weak. Because it is through our weakness that God makes us strong. He can use our weakness to help us rely on Him. He can use our weakness to testify to others of His power and strength! He has already used my life, and the life of my baby to testify to others. But let it be known forever, It is only through His strength that I am made strong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment